Feb 25, 2011

March 14, 1945 Wednesday

Dear Cap’n,
                I’m in somewhat of a mood tonight.  I won’t explain it because I know you know that feeling better than I can explain.  The reason is because I saw “I’ll Be Seeing You”-Joseph Cotton, Ginger Rodgers, Shirley Temple.  Fine show about a soldier on a furlough.  How they danced on New Years and had dinner at home on Christmas and hiked or walked like we did on Easter and just so many things that use to be ours.  The men who make the movies do good work because they can make the feeling come up in a lad fitten to make his heart beat right through.  Just like I’d care for to squeeze you into a tantrum,  I’ll let it go at that.  Just so I’ve made the fact known that my mind is full of memories and thoughts and my heart full of feelings.

                In some ways, I’ll be glad when my relief comes and these weeks of temporary duty is up and I can go back to the Hanger.  I’ll miss all this sack time though, working from 0800 in the morning until 1000, 3 hours off for chow and in the afternoon from 13 til 1500 5 hrs-the rest sack duty.  I spend it writing to a lot of people I wouldn’t otherwise-my uncle Ace in Germany, etc… Then reading that 700 page book.  Most reading since I’ve been in the Navy.  Sure like to read.  Wish I could do more.  Well sweetheart I’ll get this squared away now.  As ever,
Paul
Tell the gang hello.

No comments: